walk + talk
The first dieDAS walk + talk cultural weekend was held September 27- 29, 2019, at the Saalecker Werkstätten and in the city of Naumburg. During this inaugural event, we invited dozens of respected professionals and experts from around the globe to join us as we announced the launch of our fellowship program, discussed our historical location, and shared our short- and long-term visions.
Participants from a variety of creative and academic backgrounds attended our debut weekend, offering insight and inspiration on the following topics:
- The goals of the international DAS fellowship program
- The campus’s complex history and future potential
- The establishment of an on-site educational center dedicated to illuminating the location’s historys complex history and future potential
- The opportunities offered by dieDAS, its mission, and its program
We were thrilled to welcome wonderful speakers as well, including, but not limited to:
- Prof. Jean-Louis Cohen, Architect, Architectural Historian, and Sheldon H. Solow Professor in the History of Architecture, Institute of Fine Arts at New York University
- Dr. Linda Nkatha Gichuiya, Architect, as well as Educator & Researcher at the University of Nairobi
- Boris Kochan, President Deutscher Design Tag e.V
- Prof. Marco de Michelis, Author & Historian as well as Founder & Dean of the Faculty of Art & Design at the University of Architecture in Venice (IUAV)
- Dr. Ulrike Wendland, Landeskonservatorin Sachsen-Anhalt
Many thanks to all who joined and supported us on this memorable occasion!